POSITION: Communications Officer
Job Level : Entry Level
No. of Vacancy/s : 1
Employment Type : Full-Time
Job Location : Kathmandu
Offered Salary : Negotiable
Apply Before (Deadline) : June 4, 2023, Sunday, at 5pm
Start date : June 12, 2023
Federation of Woman Entrepreneurs’ Associations of Nepal (FWEAN) established in 2003 is a not-for-profit organization representing the collective efforts of women entrepreneurs in the economic progress of the nation and decision-making at national and international levels. With the vision to build the nation through socio-economic empowerment of Nepali women, FWEAN catalyzes the entrepreneurial ecosystem to build enabling environments for potential and existing women entrepreneurs.
As an apex body of Women Entrepreneurs’ Association of Nepal (WEAN), FWEAN currently has 61 subsidiary WEAN Chapters in all 7 provinces of Nepal and aims to gradually expand to all 77 districts. The core values that FWEAN believes in and promotes are Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration and Creativity. With a mission to inspire and empower women entrepreneurs and their businesses, FWEAN focuses on these four objectives:
- To advocate on issues related to women’s economic empowerment
- To enhance the capacity of women entrepreneurs
- To support businesses of women entrepreneurs
- To increase the outreach of FWEAN
FWEAN is seeking a highly motivated candidate for the position of Communication Officer to support in the visibility of organization in different platforms like social media, organization’s websites, branding and communication efforts for networking. S/he will be responsible for maintaining web content and executing social media strategies. S/he will provide administrative support to programs and internal support. The Communication Officer will be responsible for creating marketing materials, managing social media networks, creating databases for managing clients, events, communications, and marketing data. Other responsibilities may include drafting and editing publication materials and communications copy and helping to execute communications projects and strategies.
Qualified candidates will have the following credentials:
- At least 2 years' experience in Communication field
- Relevant bachelor's degree. However, Master’s Degree in Communication, Journalism or other relevant background would be an advantage
- Excellent writing, editing and reviewing skills with fluency in English and Nepali including verbal communications
- Practical knowledge of managing social media platforms like Tiktok, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram etc
- Proficiency in MS office package, Canva, Websites, LinkedIn with strong IT skills
- Basic technical skills in photography, videography, or other media skills
- Knowledge of Marketing
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Proactive with a growth mindset, with the ability to adapt to changing demands
- Assist in writing, editing, and proofreading content for various communication channels such as annual magazine, blog posts, press releases, website and internal announcements.
- Improve the branding and visibility of FWEAN, Winbiz, BDC and its work using communications tools including social media
- Collaborate with team members to develop new communications strategies, engaging and informative content that aligns with the organization's objectives.
- Help manage and monitor social media accounts, including content scheduling, engagement tracking, and responding to inquiries or comments.
- Update organizations’ databases time to time
- Keep track of ongoing projects and events and promote regularly
- Draft press releases, share with media houses
- Create engaging posts related to festivals on social media like Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Keep updated about latest developments and trends of marketing
- Develop and ensure quality of communication products
- Research and identify relevant content, trends, and opportunities for social media posts.
- Provide general administrative support to the communications team, including scheduling meetings, organizing files, and maintaining communication databases.
- Monitor and track media coverage, press mentions, and industry news.
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions and team meetings to generate creative ideas and solutions.
Persons meeting the above criteria are requested to send their updated CV and a cover letter answering the question “What past experiences will add value to this position?” Also send a writing sample which could be a published article or any form social media account you manage. Send your application as a single PDF document to [email protected] latest by 4 June 2023 at 5pm. However, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so early applications are highly encouraged. Women and persons from marginalized communities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews. The start date is ASAP (latest by 12 June 2023).
NOTE: FWEAN is seeking qualified candidates for various roles. Please follow FWEAN’s Careers page to find other opportunities.