POSITION: Project Officer
Job Level : Entry Level
No. of Vacancy/s : 1
Employment Type : Full-Time
Job Location : Kathmandu
Offered Salary : Negotiable
Apply Before (Deadline) : June 4, 2023, Sunday, at 5pm
Start date : June 12, 2023
Federation of Woman Entrepreneurs’ Associations of Nepal (FWEAN) established in 2003 is a not-for-profit organization representing the collective efforts of women entrepreneurs in the economic progress of the nation and decision-making at national and international levels. With the vision to build the nation through socio-economic empowerment of Nepali women, FWEAN promotes women entrepreneurship through advocacy, capacity enhancement, business support and networking nationally and internationally.
As an apex body of Women Entrepreneurs’ Association of Nepal (WEAN), FWEAN currently has 61 subsidiaries WEAN Chapters and aims to gradually expand to all 77 districts in 7 provinces of Nepal. The core values that FWEAN believes in and promotes are Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration and Creativity. With a mission to inspire and empower women entrepreneurs and their businesses, FWEAN focuses on these four objectives:
- To advocate on issues related to women’s economic empowerment
- To enhance capacity of women entrepreneurs
- To support businesses of women entrepreneurs
- To increase outreach of FWEAN
The Project Officer will work closely with the project team, other office staff, Office Manager, Executive Director and FWEAN Board. She/he will be responsible for assisting with planning, budgeting, execution, monitoring & evaluating and successful closing of the project. The Project Officer's duties will include supporting the Project team in implementing the project activities as planned and getting them completed on time and within the budget.
- Qualified candidates will have the following credentials:
- At least 2 years' experience
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., project management, business administration).
- Familiarity with project management methodologies and tools. Understanding of project planning, budgeting, and risk management principles. Knowledge of relevant regulations and standards.
- Knowledge in report writing
- Proficiency in MS office package, Canva, basic IT skills
- Handle social media (Facebook, Instagram)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills (both English and Nepali)
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Proactive with a growth mindset, with the ability to adapt to changing demands
- Knowledge in entrepreneurship management, disaster risk reduction management etc is an asset.
1. Planning, budgeting and implementing:
- Coordinate and manage all the logistics required for the event.
- Develop project plans, objectives, and timelines in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Coordinate and track project activities, ensuring adherence to schedules and deadlines.
- Monitor project progress, identify potential risks, and implement necessary adjustments.
2. Communication and Coordination:
- Communicate with all the vendors and participants and coordinate with them and with the FWEAN Board.
- Facilitate effective communication channels to ensure smooth information flow.
- Engage and manage relationships with project stakeholders, addressing concerns and providing regular updates.
3. Promotion and Implementation:
- Ensure that the event is promoted in all the social media and print mediums, ensure smooth conduction of the event, and prompt address to the issues that arise during the events.
4. Prepare Report:
- Prepare project documentation, including project charters, status reports, and meeting minutes.
- Maintain project files, records, and relevant documentation for future reference.
- Prepare the report after the completion of the project.
Persons meeting the above criteria are requested to send their updated CV and a cover letter answering the question “What past experiences will add value to this position?” Send your application as a single PDF document to [email protected] latest by 4 June,2023 at 5pm. However, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so early applications are highly encouraged. Women and persons from marginalized communities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews. The start date is ASAP (latest by 12 June 2023).
NOTE: FWEAN is seeking qualified candidates for various roles. Please follow FWEAN’s Careers page to find other opportunities.