POSITION: PROJECT COORDINATORS
Job Level : Mid Level
No. of Vacancy/s : 2
Employment Type : Full-Time
Job Location : Kathmandu
Offered Salary : Negotiable
Apply Before (Deadline) : June 4, 2023, Sunday, at 5pm
Start date : June 12, 2023
Federation of Woman Entrepreneurs’ Associations of Nepal (FWEAN) established in 2003 is a not-for-profit organization representing the collective efforts of women entrepreneurs in the economic progress of the nation and decision-making at national and international levels. With the vision to build the nation through socio-economic empowerment of Nepali women, FWEAN catalyzes the entrepreneurial ecosystem to build enabling environments for potential and existing women entrepreneurs.
As an apex body of Women Entrepreneurs’ Association of Nepal (WEAN), FWEAN currently has 61 subsidiary WEAN Chapters in all 7 provinces of Nepal and aims to gradually expand to all 77 districts. The core values that FWEAN believes in and promotes are Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration and Creativity. With a mission to inspire and empower women entrepreneurs and their businesses, FWEAN focuses on these four objectives:
- To advocate on issues related to women’s economic empowerment
- To enhance the capacity of women entrepreneurs
- To support businesses of women entrepreneurs
- To increase the outreach of FWEAN
The Project Coordinator will work closely with the project team, other office staff, Office Manager, Executive Director and FWEAN Board. She/he will be responsible for leading the planning, budgeting, execution, monitoring & evaluating and successful closing of the project. The Project Coordinator's duties will include leading the Project team in implementing the project activities as planned and getting them completed on time and within the budget.
Qualified candidates will have the following credentials:
- At least 3 years' experience
- Bachelor's degree in management or relevant field
- Knowledge of Project and its execution
- Knowledge of report writing
- Proficiency in MS office package, Canva, IT skills
- Handle social media (Facebook, Instagram)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills (both English and Nepali)
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Proactive with a growth mindset, with the ability to adapt to changing demands
- PLANNING, BUDGETING, AND IMPLEMENTING: Lead and be responsible for the overall project planning, designing, implementing, monitoring and development of the project/program together with project team, in consultation with Executive Director and approval from the Board of FWEAN. Ensure and implement qualitative and quantitative activity implementation in accordance with the plan and time frame.
- MONITORING AND REVIEW: Prepare and ensure that monthly/quarterly reports are submitted by the project staff in a timely manner. Conduct field visits to monitor training and materials utilization, to ensure effectiveness of the training and technology supports. Together with the Finance Officer, ensure due processes are followed for any service contracts, procurements, anything related to visits and field travel of staff/project including supporting documents.
- PARTNERSHIP MANAGEMENT, COMPLIANCE AND DEVELOPMENT: Ensure that the activities conducted are in relevance to the partnership contract. Facilitate and mediate between the funding partner and FWEAN. The Project Coordinator and Finance Officer will be responsible for ensuring compliance of all project activity-related documentation and that they are well documented and filed as guided by the policies.
- COORDINATION, COLLABORATION AND NETWORKING: Communicate with all the vendors, participants and coordinate with them and with FWEAN Board. Establish strong institutional relationships with the funding partner, partner and relevant NGOs, resource persons, government organizations and the beneficiaries.
- OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: Coordinate with team members for any additional tasks and responsibilities that may be necessary.
Persons meeting the above criteria are requested to send their updated CV and a cover letter answering the question “What past experiences will add value to this position?” Send your application as a single PDF document to [email protected] latest by 4 June,2023 at 5pm. However, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so early applications are highly encouraged. Women and persons from marginalized communities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews. The start date is ASAP (latest by 12 June 2023).
NOTE: FWEAN is seeking qualified candidates for various roles. Please follow FWEAN’s Careers page to find other opportunities.