POSITION: FINANCE OFFICER
Job Level : Entry level
No. of Vacancy/s : 2
Employment Type : Full-Time
Job Location : Kathmandu
Offered Salary : Entry-level salary
Apply Before (Deadline) : June 4, 2023, at 5pm
Start date : June 12, 2023
Federation of Woman Entrepreneurs’ Associations of Nepal (FWEAN) established in 2003 is a not-for-profit organization representing the collective efforts of women entrepreneurs in the economic progress of the nation and decision-making at national and international levels. With the vision to build the nation through socio-economic empowerment of Nepali women, FWEAN catalyzes the entrepreneurial ecosystem to build enabling environments for potential and existing women entrepreneurs.
As an apex body of Women Entrepreneurs’ Association of Nepal (WEAN), FWEAN currently has 61 subsidiary WEAN Chapters in all 7 provinces of Nepal and aims to gradually expand to all 77 districts. The core values that FWEAN believes in and promotes are Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration and Creativity. With a mission to inspire and empower women entrepreneurs and their businesses, FWEAN focuses on these four objectives:
- To advocate on issues related to women’s economic empowerment
- To enhance the capacity of women entrepreneurs
- To support businesses of women entrepreneurs
- To increase the outreach of FWEAN
The Finance Officer will be responsible for performing a variety of financial and administrative tasks to support our finance department. This position requires excellent orientation to detail with a sound knowledge of financial practices and ability to manage multiple priorities. The Finance Officer’s duties will include supporting the project teams in implementing project activities as planned and getting them completed on time and within the budget. The Finance Officer will work closely with the Finance Coordinator and Office Manager and the project team.
- Qualified candidates will have the following credentials:
- At least 2 years' experience
- A bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or a related field
- Strong understanding of financial principles, concepts, and practices, including basic accounting principles, financial statements, budgeting, financial analysis, and latest tax provisions
- Proficiency in using financial software and tools, such as spreadsheets and accounting software
- Ability to accurately handle financial data, perform calculations, and identify errors or discrepancies
- Strong communication skills to effectively interact with team members, partners, and other stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and handle multiple responsibilities and work under pressure in a diverse and dynamic environment
- Proactive with a growth mindset, with the ability to adapt to changing demands
- Strong work ethic, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Record and post financial transactions such as invoices, expenses, and payments into accounting systems accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensure that financial records, including receipts, invoices, bank statements etc. are organized and properly filed for easy retrieval and reference for the accuracy of the general ledger
- Monitor and reconcile accounts payable and receivable, verifying the accuracy of invoices and payments, and following up on outstanding payments or receivables
- Process invoices and prepare cheques for payment
- Reconcile monthly bank statements
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and reports for events and projects
- Communicate with vendors, donors, and other stakeholders
- Participate in the preparation of budgets and financial forecasts by gathering and analyzing financial data, tracking expenses, and identifying budgetary discrepancies
- Assist in internal and external audits by providing necessary documentation and information, ensuring compliance with financial regulations and company policies
- Assist with finding updated financial regulations and procedure of Nepal Government, donors and partners
- Perform other administrative tasks as needed.
- Support other teams to assist with procurement, operations, logistics etc.
Persons meeting the above criteria are requested to send their updated CV and a cover letter answering the question “What past experiences will add value to this position?” Send your application as a single PDF document to [email protected] latest by 4 June 2023 at 5pm. However, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so early applications are highly encouraged. Women and persons from marginalized communities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews. The start date is ASAP (latest by 12 June 2023).
NOTE: FWEAN is seeking qualified candidates for various roles. Please follow FWEAN’s Careers page to find other opportunities.