International Women's Day
107th International Women's Day - March 8th, 2017
FWEAN participated to the 107th International Women's Day in Kathmandu. As per the invitation from Minister of Women, Children and Social Welfare, a lot of organizations were present for this event in order to deliver a strong message to Nepalese population and international community. Some of the messages are listed below:
- Women in the changing world of work: planet 50 - 50 by 2030.
- Be the change you want to see
- Girls are not objects
- Sisters, let's rise
- Make it happen, stop violence against women
- Recognize women as worker and producer
- Everyday is women
- Women are equal pillars of society
- Stop violence. Make it our goal
- Be bold for change!
Rt. Honorable President Bidhya Devi Bhandari has presided a ceremony after the Women's march.
104th International Women's Day
March 8, 2014
This year we celebrate International Women's Day with an economic agenda for equality. This is not about asserting the superiority of one gender over the other but is a day to commemorate the contribution of women in the socio-economic-political sphere as well as in global peace and security.
The main agenda of this women's day is "AGENDA FOR ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT OF WOMEN THROUGH ENTREPRENEURSHIP". According to the prior research, FWEAN has come up with recommendations for action to the government of Nepal and all stakeholders to address the concerns of women entrepreneurs which cover:
- recommendation for policy reform
- recommendation for promotion and market expansion
- recommendation for the trade policies
- recommendation for access to finance
101st International Women's Day
Equal Rights, Equal Opportunities: Progress for all March 8 – March 11th, 2011
99th International Women's Day
Three Day Mega Event